Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Response to Anna's Piece "Eva"

I really liked the way you framed and structured this piece, it gradually drew me in and showed me why this role was so important to you. Your process of transformation and adapting as you became the character was really interesting, and the details you included about your emotional and physical reactions in each scene did a great job showing the reader how seriously you took this entire process. You describe everything in good detail, but you also don't spend too much time on any one description or event, which makes the piece flow well. The scene where you met Eva and the scene of the final night of the show both had such great imagery that I had a clear mental picture of the scene, and that really helped me engage with the piece. The only suggestion that I would offer after reading your piece would be to see if you could add a bit more on the process you went through in between getting the part and the final performance, mostly the mental process you went though.

No comments:

Post a Comment