Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Response to Joel's Piece "Catching the 6:45"

I loved this piece because of how much I identified with it and how much it reminded me of the crazy things we all went through traveling abroad. I liked how you set up the story by giving some background and explaining your emotions at the time. The structure worked well for me, especially because of the way you devoted time to both your planning (which was more explanatory and slower) and your realization and the ensuing rush (much faster and frenzied, making the reader directly feel your emotions at the time.) My main suggestion would be to see if you could add more imagery throughout the piece; personally, some of the things that stand out to me from my time traveling in Europe are certain mental snapshots of certain occasions, and I think that more description of the imagery would make it even easier for the reader to relive the experience along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment