Monday, April 5, 2010

Writing Process for Person Essay Draft

Writing this draft was a lot harder than I'd anticipated it to be. I struggled thinking of a topic that would be interesting enough to write/read that much about, and then once I started writing, I struggled to come up with something that I was at all happy with. Ideas that seemed interesting or witty in my head didn't pan out the way I'd hoped they would, and I ended up going in circles for a bit. Eventually, I came up with a framework that I thought might be interesting...but then as I was writing the final paragraph this afternoon, I came up with a completely different idea. Since I was already almost done writing this draft, I decided to post it as my draft for the workshop, but I plan on going back over what I have and hopefully adapting it to fit my new idea so that I end up with a more interesting final essay.

1 comment:

  1. Same here, I had the hardest time thinking of something to write but once I did, then I was able to get it out much easier. Perhaps because I wrote about study abroad. Maybe you could find a way to bring your two ideas together?

    ReplyDelete